Safeguarding and First Aid Policy
SOEHEC is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children, young people and families.
We do this by:
- Recognising that all children and young people have the right to be free from harm.
- Ensuring that all of our volunteers, and those running workshops, are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the harm of children and young people in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of harm and providing parents, children and young people with the opportunity to voice concerns.
- Appointing a Child Protection Officer and First Aider who will take specific responsibility for child protection and first aid and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies. Our Child Protection Officer and First Aider is DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checked and has up to date Safeguarding and First Aid training.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection and First Aid Policy and activities on a regular basis
There are potential hazards on the site including, but not limited to, the stream, campfire circle and woods. Parents should note that your children remain your responsibility at all times.